Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Disarming the Heart

You are his teacher and he is my son,
He does the best that he can
Books on his back soon as you are done, my strong little brave little man

Who puts these ideas in his head then,
All about gothic and dread
President’s whores, terrorist wars
Instead of my golden rule
He’s fighting off danger in school

Don’t blame this on no taliban man,
Or a need to even the score
Disarming hearts is the only way we can,
Give Love an open door ... or lose even more.

Disarm our hearts, let's change our minds.
Let's take the time to redefine ...

10 years later it’s just gotten worse
We're a land full of contraband
We are held hostage in body and purse
and it’s not just cause of one man.

I may be a gramma, sometime in March of next year
And it breaks my heart, right from the start
Before she even gets here
She’s already hostage to fear.

Don’t blame this on no taliban man
As the walls came tumbling down
We have not done all we can ...
Before we heard the sound ...

Disarming hearts is the only way we can,
Give Love an open door ... or lose even more.

Disarm our hearts, let's change our minds.
Let's take the time to redefine

We know our own hearts, we know where we've been
We knew from the start who's to blame for what sin
Yet we're challenged by hope and we linger with fear
Who would have smote what was cradled sincere?

Don’t blame this on no Taliban man,
Or a need to even the score
Disarming hearts is the only way we can,
Give Love an open door, or lose even more...

~ djs



Hello, this is a song you will soon hear that I wrote for my legally blind son as my children and I struggled through 9/11 etc ...
I feel it is currently appropriate which is why I chose to share it

It's message speaks for itself


We can all disarm our hearts in the little things we do daily,
Have more patience with others...
Lean less on the horn while driving
(the horn can be as offensive as throwing rocks and can frighten elderly drivers, use only for safety as it was intended, not to just let people how annoyed we are at being in a hurry)
Listening requires an open heart as well as ears
Hug your people as much as possible
Let's Embrace our differences, we learn to expand our wellbeing in doing so

Humanity is family, while we all may not see eye to eye,
we can make love the first intention.

Just my opinion, thank you for taking the time to care enough to read this.

I appreciate you, bless you & all that surrounds you ... ~ djs







******

No comments:

Post a Comment